Adulterated Kerosene Kills One, Burns Three In EdoLatest News, News Friday, November 28th, 2014
IGNATIUS OKPARA, Benin City
A 15- year old boy was on Thursday sent to his untimely grave in Benin- city, just as his mother, and three other family members sustained various degrees of injuries, following the explosion of a lamp with Adulterated kerosene.
The ugly incident occurred in the night at their residence at Ukpebo Street, off Textile Mill Road in Benin, the Edo State.
According to a family source, the inferno, left the 31 year-old mother of three, “Mrs. Loveth Sunday Ode, her two year-old son, Wisdom, and her relative, Alfred Omonefe, with varying degrees of severe burns.
Said the source: “it happened when Mrs. Ode attempted to refill a lamp in the room with kerosene she bought from a roadside trader, and suddenly the lamp exploded.
One of the victims, Alfred, 15, however died while being rushed to the Central Hospital, Benin.
“Little wisdom is now on admission in private clinic in Benin.
The 35 year old husband of Mrs. Loveth, Mr. Sunday Ode, told newsmen that he was away at work when he got a call that his wife, son and nephew have been rushed to the accident and emergency ward of the hospital following a fire from adulterated kerosene.
Mr. Ode, a farmer who hails from Ughele North in Delta State, explained that although the fire caused by the explosion did not affect other rooms in the compound, it however, destroyed almost all their household items.
Short URL: http://www.africanexaminer.com/?p=20002