Boko Haram: NLC Worries Over Renewed Attacks Against Soft TargetsFeatured, Latest News, News Friday, November 24th, 2017
ABUJA, NIGERIA (AFRICAN EXAMINER) – The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has expressed concern over the renewed attacks on soft targets by the suspected Boko Haram in the North East zone.
NLC National President Comrade Ayuba Wabba Thursday in Abuja, described the killings being recorded from the strikes as reprehensible.
Waba in a statement commensurating with the government and people of Adamawa State over the killing of 50 worshippers in Mubi by a suspected Boko Haram suicide bomber.
“We also condemn the slaying of 30 herders by yet to be identified assailants. These cold-blooded killings are shocking and reprehensible. We demand that the perpetrators be found and brought to book.
“On the killings of worshippers in the mosques, we are worried by this resurgence of strikes the by Boko Haram elements operating from fall back positions” the NLC boss said.
Consequently, Comrade Wabba, urged security and intelligence officers to do more, noting that the body appreciated the difficulties associated with policing an area as vast as the North-East.
Waba again said: “We believe the Boko Haram insurgents have been defeated. What we are witnessing may not be another phase of the war hopefully but a desperate attempt by a handful ragtags to create one by striking fear in the hearts of the people”.
In another development, the NLC has commiserated with the government and people of Anambra over the demise last week of the former Vice President Dr. Alex Ekwueme.
The Labour Leader in another release described late Ekwueme as a “Jewel in the Pack”, noting that his death had robbed not just the political class but the Nigerian nation, the wise counsel of “one among a few who have seen it all”.
Short URL: http://www.africanexaminer.com/?p=41694