#BringBackOurGirls: Buhari Confirms Search On The Missing Girls Is OnFeatured, Latest News, News Thursday, January 14th, 2016
By Ganiyu Nasirudeen
President Muhammadu Buhari Thursday said he and his administration are committed to the searching of the abducted Chibok Secondary School girls as well as doing everything within his capacity to ensure their safety return and reunion with their families.
Mr. President gave the assurance at a meeting he had with the #BringBackOurGirls group led by former Minister of Education, Dr. Oby Ezekwezili.
The Senior Special Assistant (SSA) to President Buhari in some tweets while the meeting was in progress, said: “…he remained fully committed to his pledge to do all within his powers to save the girls.
“I assure you that I go to bed and wake up every day with the Chibok girls on my mind.
“God knows I have done my best and I will continue to do my best.
“Intelligence is delicate and we don’t want to anything to jeopardize the lives of the girls.”
“He reassured of the military’s ability to rescue” the girls abducted in April 2014.
Buhari according to Shehu’s tweets also related “When we came in Boko Haram was in Adamawa, Yobe and Borno. Boko Haram has now been reduced to areas around Lake Chad.”
He lamented about the poor Leadership and economy he inherited in May 2015.
The President was accompanied at the meeting by Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen Tukur Buratai; the National Security Adviser, Maj.-Gen Babagana Monguno (rtd); Minister of Women Affairs, Hajiya Aisha Alhassan, Chief of Defence Staff, Gen Gabriel Olonisakin and Minister of Defence, Mansur Mohammed Dan Ali.
The NSA, Alhassan and other Ministers have tried unsuccessfully earlier in the day to meet with the group. Members of the group declined and demanded to meet with President Buhari who they insisted promised to meet with them today.
Short URL: http://www.africanexaminer.com/?p=29459