#Dasukigate: More Troubles for Olisa Metuh As He Angrily Tears Own StatementFeatured, Latest News, News Wednesday, January 13th, 2016
BALTIMORE, MD (AFRICAN EXAMINER) – There appear more troubles for the embattled National Publicity Secretary, of the opposition PDP, Olisa Metuh, as he was said to have angrily torn the statement he had earlier written in the custody of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
Metuh has been linked to the $2.1 Billion arms purchase scandal, otherwise referred to as #Dasukigate, which involved the former National Security Adviser (NS), Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd), some former Governors and staffers in Dasuki’s ex office.
He has since admitted he collected certain amount of money from former President Goodluck Jonathan for execution of a project.
The PDP Chieftain however has kept details to himself, of the sum he collected and the purpose it was meant for.
The PDP Publicist’s detention has in the last few days taken more strange dimensions, which include his decline to sign an undertaking that he collected the sum of N400 Million, as well as willingness to make a refund.
The agency officially confirmed today these factors have worked against his release from its custody.
The latest twist was said to be informed on realizing how implicating the statement he had earlier made, which he was purportedly asked to append his signature.
On receiving the statement, Metuh was reported to have instead of signing, tore and subsequently attempted to swallow it. The strange reaction was prompted by fear of likely fresh charges due to the weight of the statement.
The EFCC has continued to raise alarm on the non-compliance and lack of cooperation from Metuh. Its acting Executive Chairman, Ibrahim Magu made reference to this Monday, while addressing the online publishers in Lagos.
Short URL: http://www.africanexaminer.com/?p=29365