W3vina.COM Free Wordpress Themes Joomla Templates Best Wordpress Themes Premium Wordpress Themes Top Best Wordpress Themes 2012

Fire Burns 3-Year Old Boy To Death In Lagos

Ayo Balogun, Lagos – Tragedy struck at Pakoku area of Badagry, Lagos, Nigeria at the weekend as fire burns a three-year old boy to death.

The little boy, by the name Abiodun Alabi was said to have been sleeping inside his parent apartment with a lit candle which caught fire and burnt the boy to death.

The boy’s mother was said to have left him in the care of his 10-year old sibling and went to a vigil, but she only came to see the remains of his son burnt to beyond recognition.

The boy 10-year old boy was to have gone to watch football in another house and slept there leaving his 3-year old siblings only in the house with the candle stick on.

Director, Lagos State Fire Service, Rasak Fadipe confirmed the tragedy, saying that it was very pathetic for a woman to carelessly left his child at home for a vigil.

“The incidence occurred at Pakoku area of Badagry. The boy’s mother went for a vigil. She asked her 10 years old boy to look after his brother, but he went somewhere to watch football and pass the night there. He left a candle on and left the baby alone inside and the candle fell and caught fire and burnt the baby to death.

“That was how the baby was consumed by fire. That was careless and human error. The name of the baby is Abiodun Alabi. I don’t know why people still use candle light when you have rechargeable lamp that are cheap, last long and brighter than candle,” he said.

Fadipe advised parents not to leave their babies at how whenever they were going out, especially vigils.

“It is not advisable for parents to leave their children at home, they should go with their children, especially at night. They should go with their babies to vigils and they should stop the use of candle at home. Some of them think they can keep the candle in a safe place, but when light comes at night, the fan can blow it and it can touch the curtain which can cause fire,” he stated.

Fadipe also disclosed that a man of about 57 years old suffered burnt at Ojo area of Lagos, saying that the man was pouring fuel on his generator while still on.

He said the man was lucky that he only suffered burns on his knees, advising Lagosians not to pour fuel on their generator while it is still on.

“Fire also destroyed eight rooms and three shops and fairly impacted a school building at 7 and 9 Ajayi Street, Onke, Yaba area of Lagos State,” he said.

Please follow and like us:

Short URL: http://www.africanexaminer.com/?p=23419

Leave a Reply

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.

Follow by Email

african examiner alert

Get new posts by email


News Alert

stories From Archives

Classified Adverts