Fire Outbreak in Saraki’s Abuja Residence -AideLatest News, News Friday, August 28th, 2015
Ayodele Afolabi, Abuja – A mild fire outbreak occurred Friday morning at the Maitama, Abuja residence of the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, said one of his aides.
Some residents of the magnificent edifice situated along the Lake Chad Crescent of the Maitama District, according to the aide, raised alarm about the fire outbreak at about 9.40am when they noticed a heavy smoke oozing out of the gymnasium section of the sprawling residence.
A dangerous scenario, he said, made him and other aides around to make an emergency call to the Fire Service department of the National Assembly , whose men eventually stormed the place and put out the fire at about 10:05am.
Danlami Yakubu, a passers by, at the time of the incident, also confirmed the incident but said it took men of the National Assembly Fire Service less than 10minutes to put out the fire.
The Special Adviser to the President of the Senate on Media and Publicity, Mr Yusuph Olaniyonu, later disclosed to journalists that the fire was caused by an electric spark from one of the air conditioners in the gymnasium of the Senate boss.
He explained that Saraki had been duly informed of the incident which he said, recorded no casualty.
Short URL: http://www.africanexaminer.com/?p=25228