W3vina.COM Free Wordpress Themes Joomla Templates Best Wordpress Themes Premium Wordpress Themes Top Best Wordpress Themes 2012

Fuel Storage: Father, Daughters, others Burnt To Death As Fire Razes Lagos Houses


LAGOS, NIGERIA (AFRICAN EXAMINER) – At least four people have been burnt to death as overnight fire razes two houses in Somolu and Isolo areas of Lagos, Nigeria.

In one of the fire outbreaks at 5 Adebiyi Street, Somolu Oja, fire consumed a father and his two daughters.

In the fire outbreak at 48 Oyedele Street, off Liasu Road, Egbe, fire roasted a grandfather after a lit candle stick fell.

Director, Lagos State Fire Service, Mr. Rasak Fadipe confirmed the two incidents, describing them as tragic.

He said the fire outbreak in Somolu which claimed the lives of father and two children was caused by PMS storage.

The fire service boss explained that the family was cooking close to where a keg of fuel was kept when an explosion occurred, igniting the fire.

He said the fire station from Somolu responded to the tragedy, but lamented that three dead bodies were recovered.

Fadipe added that the fire outbreak at Isolo was caused by a candle stick which was lit by a grandchild to the grandfather consumed in the fire. He said the Child lit the candle and went out to play, while it fell and started the fire which killed the grandfather.

He appealed to Lagosians to stop storing fuel in their houses and also stopped using candle sticks as these could lead to fire outbreak.


Please follow and like us:

Short URL: http://www.africanexaminer.com/?p=31596

Leave a Reply

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.

Follow by Email

FirstBank – advertisement



Browse Archives

Classified Adverts