Minister Rules Out Sabotage On NTA Fire OutbreakLatest News, News Monday, December 14th, 2015
By Ganiyu Nasirudeen
The fire outbreak which occurred Sunday afternoon in the transmission room of the Nigeria Television Authority (NTA) was not sabotage, so confirmed the management of the public broadcasting empire.
Information and Culture Minister, Alhaji Lai Mohammed said this Monday after his inspection Monday of the establishment in Abuja.
“These things should be expected in any system. It does happen but the important thing is to see that it doesn’t repeat itself,” he said.
With respect to the details of the incident as provided by the NTA Director General (DG), Mr. Sola Omole, the Minister indicated that the fire incident had nothing to do with sabotage.
He said Mr. Omole had explained that the transmission room or Earth Station relays broadcast signals to the satellite, adding that the incident did not record any casualty.
The Minister, who was accompanied by the Permanent Secretary in the ministry, Mrs. Ayo Adesugba was conducted round the burnt facility by the DG.
Mohammed told Journalists after the inspection that the incident only slightly disrupted the operations of the station, adding that it came back on air shortly after the incident.
Alhaji Mohammed said though the damaged equipment had been replaced, it was important to look at a long-term strategy of preventing recurrence.
Short URL: http://www.africanexaminer.com/?p=28585