W3vina.COM Free Wordpress Themes Joomla Templates Best Wordpress Themes Premium Wordpress Themes Top Best Wordpress Themes 2012

Northern Politician Plans To Sabotage Full Scale Military Action Against Boko Haram –Military Alleges


Oyewale Oyelola

NIgeria’s Defense Headquarters has disclosed that a prominent political leader from one of the northeast states ravaged by members of the Islamist terrorist group, Boko Haram, is sponsoring campaign aimed at attracting international condemnation and indictment of the Nigerian military of genocide in its operations in the Northern part of the country.

bokoHaraaThis was contained in a statement released on Friday by Major General Chris Olukolade, the director of information at Defense Headquarters and titled “New Plot Against Operations of Nigerian Military”.

The Defense Headquarters disclosed that the ostensible campaign to rely heavily on doctored and falsified audiovisual materials, some of which are already trending in the social media.

The statement alleged that prominent political leader whose state is presently under the State of Emergency is planning to fund the campaign.

The military’s statement, which was signed by Major General Chris Olukolade, the director of information at Defense Headquarters, did not disclose the identity of the so-called Nigeria nor specify his home state or political affiliation.

According General Olukolade the plot against the Nigerian military was already being fine-tuned by a group of media practitioners and would be presented for the final ratification and funding by the political figure.

The Military Spokesperson alleged that the plot “is expected to forcefully whip up sentiments of genocide allegedly targeted against a particular religious group in the ongoing war against Boko Haram insurgency.

The planners of this multi-media crusade also hope to use it to gain some mileage in the drive to secure international attention as they have not achieved this sufficiently despite previous efforts.”

He said the attempt was “also meant to reinforce the ongoing media campaign against the military,” adding that it “was adopted as an alternative by those who are bent on politicizing the ongoing counter terrorists operations in the northern part of the country.”

The statement reads in part:  “Last week published some of the doctored pictures which the Defense Headquarters instantly repudiated, pointing out that they do not represent activities or operations of the Nigerian military.

“The military wishes to reiterate its rejection of pictures and video footages from unverifiable sources claiming to reflect activities or so called atrocities purportedly perpetrated by Nigerian security forces.

“They do not reflect or depict the true state of affairs or operations of Nigerian military or any of the security forces. The public is advised to watch out and not allow themselves to be hoodwinked by these acts of infamy orchestrated by this desperate group.”

He further said that the dastardly acts of terrorism are against all Nigerians and all peace loving people all over the world, adding that no amount of propaganda would stop military crackdown on the terrorist group as instructed by president Jonathan in his nationwide broadcast on Democracy day.


Please follow and like us:

Short URL: http://www.africanexaminer.com/?p=11994

Leave a Reply

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.

Follow by Email

FirstBank – advertisement



Browse Archives

Classified Adverts