Synagogue Tragedy Update: 14 More Dead Bodies Remove From RubblesLatest News, News Tuesday, September 16th, 2014
*Death Toll Now Rises To 63
Ayo Balogun, Lagos
At least, 14 more dead bodies were on Tuesday removed from the rubbles of the 6-storey building, which collapsed inside the Synagogue of All Nations at Ikotun area of Lagos, Nigeria.
This has brought to the total number of dead bodies removed so far from the rubbles to 63 and 131 survivors.
While eight dead bodies were removed at the early hours of Tuesday, six others were removed from the rubbles during the day proper as rescue operation continued, with more dead bodies still expected to be removed later.
Spokesperson, National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), Ibrahim Farinloye said 14 bodies were removed from the debris on Tuesday bringing the total to 63 dead bodies that has so far been removed from the ruins of the collapse.
He said a 45-year old woman walked out of the collapsed building last night without much efforts as she was hailed and hearty after spending three days under the debris.
On Monday, four dead bodies were pulled out of the ruins of the collapsed building with no more survivors recovered until last night when the 45-year old woman came out of the ruin.
According to him, the total number of death so far has risen to 63 while those alive is now 131 as rescue operation continued to rescue others who might still be trapped in the debris.
“A woman of about 45 years old walked off the rubbles on her own around 2.00am today and 14 more bodies have been recovered. We now have 63 dead and 131 rescued alive so far,” he said.
Short URL: http://www.africanexaminer.com/?p=17525