W3vina.COM Free Wordpress Themes Joomla Templates Best Wordpress Themes Premium Wordpress Themes Top Best Wordpress Themes 2012

Group Supports NJC’s Proposed Sack Of Erring Judges

By Niyi Adeyi

LAGOS, NIGERIA (AFRICAN EXAMINER) – Muslim Right Concern (MURIC) has hailed the recommendation of the National Judicial Council (NJC) on the removal of erring judges, including an Osun jurist, Justice Oloyede Folahanmi, declaring that the judiciary will earn its deserved respect if all the bad eggs can be fished out and severely dealt with.

It would be recalled Justice Folahanmi last year petitioned the State House of Assembly on allegation of misappropriation of the public servants salaries against Governor Rauf Aregbesola. The petition was later thrown out on the want of merit.

Describing the proposed purge as a good riddance to bad rubbish, the group in a statement issued in Lagos by its Director Prof Ishaq Akintola, warned that the war against corruption could not succeed if the judiciary constitutes itself into a clog in the wheel of progress. It noted that it is sad to see looters sharing less than 10 per cent of their loot with corrupt judges and unprincipled lawyers for the purpose of frustrating the prosecution while they spend the rest 90 per cent living flambouyant lives in the midst of wretched citizens.

“We remind judges that the judiciary is the last hope of the common man. Nigeria is on the brink of economic dehydration unless all leakages can be plugged. The battle line is drawn. Without prejudice to due process and the rule of law, the question on our lips is, “Are you with us or are you with the looters?”

MURIC assured Nigerian judges that the masses are eagerly waiting to see judges and lawyers in the forefront of the war against corruption, adding “as the names of looters are currently being hung in the people’s hall of shame, so will the names of judges who stand by the masses to fight corruption be printed in letters of gold in the people’s hall of fame”.


Support African Examiner’s Free Journalism. By making a little donation, you are ensuring this site is free for all; you are also helping us to stay afloat and fulfill obligations to our reporters and other service providers: Thank you for your supports.
Send donations to:
AFRICAN EXAMINER LTD, 2028842299, First Bank
AFRICAN EXAMINER LTD, 1012873398, Zenith Bank

For Enquiries send text to: +234.809.111.3268, +1.443.904.1239

Short URL: https://www.africanexaminer.com/?p=34365

Leave a Reply

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.

Zenith bank



Classified Ads

Like us on Facebook

advertise with us