W3vina.COM Free Wordpress Themes Joomla Templates Best Wordpress Themes Premium Wordpress Themes Top Best Wordpress Themes 2012

We Will Get These Girls Out –DSS Vows


Mona Ogbeidi

Still on the heels of finding lasting solution to the spate of terrorism in Nigeria and the release of over 200 girls abducted from their dormitory at the Government Girls’ Secondary School in Chibok, Borno State, the heads of Nigeria’s Armed Forces have welcomed the Presidential Fact-finding Committee on the abduction of the Chibok school girls.

130929203511-boko-haram-screengrab-abubakar-shekau-horizontal-galleryDuring an intensive interaction with top brass of the military in Abuja on Wednesday, the committee revealed that by its terms of reference, would make known to the world an accurate account of the mass kidnap that has roused global outrage and precipitated the offer of help from some major powers.

The Chief of Defence Staff, Air Chief Marshal Alex Badeh who thanked members of the Committee for taking on the assignment, stated that, “It will give us respite if you are able to get to the root of all that has happened.”

While expressing hope, Badeh said that with the current effort and support from everywhere, “we shall win the war on terror and bring back our girls.”

“Everybody thinks this war is for the military alone, no. It is a war for all of us. Soldiers don’t fight wars on their own, it’s a nation that goes to war.” He stressed

The Service Chiefs consisting of the Army, Navy, and Air Force, during the meeting dispelled insinuations that had been rife over the abduction and terror in general, noting that such insinuations concern the armoury and fire power of the terrorists, the morale of Nigerian troops, as well as the operational deployment of troops.

The military chiefs however, explained their rules of engagement and related issues of appropriate firepower in situations which terrorism presents within Nigerian territory, where there is civilian population.

While thanking the Service Chiefs for the insight provided, the Fact-finding Committee Chairman, Gen. Sabo (rtd), frowned at the disparagement of the country’s armed forces, and commiserated with the Services on the personnel losses suffered in the fight against terrorism.

During another meeting, the Department of State Services (DSS), Director General, Mr Ekoenyong Ita, presented a detailed brief on the Department’s anti-terrorism efforts, which he said had led to several arrests and the bust of terror threats and plots.

Speaking on the Chibok abduction, Ita dispelled the notion of inadequate intelligence gathering as a factor hindering the fight against terror.

According to him, “We have gone beyond the lack of intelligence. If we didn’t have intelligence, we would not get the Nyanya bombers.”

On this note, Ita Urged Nigerians to be patient, while giving assurance on the safe return of the abducted schoolgirls, stating, “We will get these girls.”


Please follow and like us:

Short URL: http://www.africanexaminer.com/?p=11459

Leave a Reply

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.

Follow by Email

FirstBank – advertisement



Browse Archives

Classified Adverts