How Lagos Used Aregbesola To Impoverish Osun StateLatest News, News Monday, April 21st, 2014
The outgoing regime of “Engr” Rauf Aregbesola from all intent and purposes did not just establish the fact that the his administration in Osun state is perhaps an Annexe of the Bourdillon road Lagos, he has practically manifested this in the modus operandi of his government.
Capital flight has been a major characteristics of the administration which has kept every Home based actor in the economic life of the state redundant and Impoverished despite their stakes in the commonwealth of Osun State.
Indeed, Lagos cronies of Rauf Aregbesola have taken over everything in Osun. Apart from the huge road contracts under the purview of the Salamic imposed governor, several other contracts have fully been taken over by “Engr” Aregbesola’s wives and friends from Lagos.
The situation is worrisome as mere Labourers and casual workers engaged for Osun state government projects are now being brought in from Lagos at the detriment of the army of unemployed people of the state. Nothing could better explain from a little analysis of the inflated contracts schedule attached below
1. Contract: Dredging of 4.12km length of Odo-Oko stream in Ilesa.
Date of contract: March, 2014
Contractor: Sylladac Nig Ltd, Marina, Lagos
2. Contract: Dredging of 4.9km length of Odo-ori stream in Iwo Township.
Date of Contract: March
Contractor: Lukam Nig. Ltd. Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos
3. Contract: Dredging of 5.1km length of IsaleOku-Ina stream, Ede.
Gracious Integrated Concept Ltd, Osogbo
Note: This contractor is from Lagos. He just hurridly rented an apartment around NECO Office, Onward Area Osogbo.
4. Contract: Dredging of 8.85km length of stream in Ifetedo.
Date: March 2014
Contractor: Lyceth Nig. Ltd, Akinsanya Avenue, Ilupeju, Lagos.
5. Contract: Dredging of Yanyanu/Yemoja stream in Iwo (4.35km)
Contractor: Lukam Nig. Ltd, 20, Alhaji Olaiya street, off Lagos New Secretariat, Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos.
6. Contractor: Dredging of 7.7km stream in Gbongan.
Contractor: Samkay Ventures Nigeria Ltd, SW 4, Plot 10, Oluyole Extension, Ibadan
7. Contractor: Dredging of 4.8km of stream in Gbongan
Contractor: FESTAC Continental Ltd, Road C, Living Spring Building, Oluyole Estate, Ibadan
8. Contract: Dredging of 3.67 km length of stream in Ikirun
Date of Contract: March
Syalallac Nig. Ltd, Marina, Lagos
9. Engagement of a consultant for the provision of Secretarial and Coordinating Support for the Opon-Imo
Consultant: Philip Consulting Ltd, 4th Floor, UBA House, Marina, Lagos, (N41m).
The golden opportunity has now beckon on the good people of Osun State to send this government packing come August 9th 2014.
The time is now!
Femi Lawson, Akure
Short URL: http://www.africanexaminer.com/?p=10284