MEND’s Revelation: Edwin Clark’s Son Plans Own KidnapFeatured, Latest News, News Monday, April 7th, 2014
MEND’s Revelation: Edwin Clark’s Son Plans Own Kidnap
…Released After N500 Million Ransom Paid
The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) has released a damning and fraudulent revelation that the son of Edwin Clark, Ebikeme planned and orchestrated his own kidnap to defraud the Delta State Government.
MEND reveals that N500 million ransoms was paid by the Delta government to secure his release from the kidnappers, but that Ebikeme defrauded the government by planning his kidnap, an act smack with corruption.
A statement from MEND’s spokesperson, Jomo Gbomo said it was actually a clever organised fraud perpetrated by Clark’s son by staging his own abduction last week.
MEND claims that the Delta State Government took the N500 million from its security vote to settle the kidnappers, saying that the money was shared among those involved in the scandal.
“It was actually a clever orchestrated fraud masterminded by Ebikeme who stage-managed his own abduction. The ransom of N500 Million was paid by the Delta State Government from its security vote and was shared amongst all those involved in this scam,” it alleged.
Clark’s son was abducted on Wednesday on the site of Edwin Clark University of Technology in Kiagbodo, Burutu Local Government Area of Delta State. According to family sources, no ransom was paid to the abductors.
The kidnapers were said to have demanded a 60 million Naira ransom. The police in Warri, Delta State last week said that the kidnappers had contacted the family and they were demanding N60 million to release their victim.
The Public Relations Office of the Delta command of the Police, Celestina Kalu, however, confirmed the release on Sunday and denied any ransom was paid.
“Clark was released at the early hour of today by his captors and no ransom was paid,’’ she said.
Short URL: https://www.africanexaminer.com/?p=9864